KDS Performance Mount Brackets allow a direct mounting option for LS engine retrofits in vehicles originally equipped with a Small Block Chevy.
KDS Performance Motor Mount Brackets have been successfully used on:
- 1973-87 GM Full Size Trucks (Blazer/Silverado/Suburban etc).
- 1988-98 GM Fullsize pickups. Includes 1999 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban, and 2000 2500/3500 trucks with the 5.7L/350ci Vortec engines
- 1977-1993 GM Fullsize “B Body” cars. See the KDS-Performance LS Swapped 79 Caprice in Action
- 1978-1987 A body and G-body
KDS brackets locate the LS engine at the “stock” SBC location, ie, the new LS engine does not require any relocation of the transmission. This has several advantages:
- Reuse your existing transmission
- On 4WD trucks, you don’t need to move your trans, transfer case, or modify 2 (!!) driveshafts.
- You can reuse the stock fan shroud and still run an LS mechanical fan with no fitment issues.
- Maintain the stock driveline angles. No chasing driveline vibrations because of odd driveline angles from poor motor mount bracket design.
Instead of using adapter plates, KDS motor mount brackets incorporate the clamshell mounting features into the bracket.
What comes in the box??
With your order, you will receive
- Left and right mounting mount plates
- 8 – M10 Allen head bolts
- 2 – 7/16-14 Bolts with Nylock Nuts.
KDS Motor Mount Brackets are what you need for your next LS swap project. These are not just for show, KDS parts are put to WORK! This 1994 Z71 Silverado has been running KDS mount brackets since 2010 and over 50,000 miles.